Downton Abbey stay from £284pp
Call: 01904 767511
Experience the drama and grandeur of Highclere Castle, the home of hit TV show, Downton Abbey, with this 5 day coach tour.
- Visit Highclere Castle – the home of Downton Abbey
- Admire the impressive castle and beautiful grounds
- Included entry to the Egyptian Exhibition
- Trip to seaside Swanage
- Relax in seaside Bournemouth
- Monday: Leaving this morning you’ll travel to Bournemouth by luxury coach. All of our coaches feature onboard Wi-Fi, our Roadshow entertainment system and more spacious legroom than many short-haul airlines. After check-in and time to settle into your room, come down to the hotel’s restaurant for a delicious three-course meal. (Dinner)
- Tuesday to Thursday: You’ll spend the next 3 days in and around Bournemouth. You’ll explore on 2 excursions and enjoy time at leisure to discover the town itself. Included excursions include trips to Highclere Castle andIsle of Purbeck. (Breakfast, Dinner)
- Friday: It’s our last day! After enjoying a delicious breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant we’ll travel home. Why not start planning your next Shearings break or order a brochure through the Roadshow entertainment system? (Breakfast)
- Return coach travel from York with Wi-Fi and Roadshow entertainment system
- 4 nights Half Board at the Savoy Hotel, Bournemouth
- Excursions as stated
Hotel: Savoy Hotel
Stay right on the seafront in the beautiful area of Westcliff just a short walk from the beach with an onsite refreshing swimming pool and scenic sun terrace to unwind after a busy day by the sea.
From here, the walk along the seafront is stunning, with golden beaches leading to one of the most fashionable areas of the entire country, the community of Sandbanks. Here you will find fantastic bars and restaurants which is also the case just 5 or ten minutes away from the hotel on the other side in central Bournemouth.
For lovers of the outdoors, staying in Bournemouth really gives you everything, especially for those who are willing to venture a little way out of the town. A number of beautiful areas are available just a short distance away by both car and public transport; these include Cranbourne Chase, the Jurassic Coast and the New Forest among many others.
Inside our pretty Edwardian Hotel why not relax on the sun terrace or chill out in the pool. In the restaurant you can enjoy fantastic and varied menus daily for breakfast and evening meals and snacks and drinks are served throughout the day on the sun terrace.
Full Day: Highclere Castle, the home of the Carnarvon family and one of England’s most impressive, inhabited castles. A huge hit on the small screen, and now heading to the big screen, the castle is also well known as the beautiful setting of hugely popular Downton Abbey. Explore the opulent State Rooms and stunning gardens where the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants unfold to millions of enthralled viewers. Our visit also includes entry to the Egyptian Exhibition.
Half Day: Isle of Purbeck and Swanage. Today we make our way to the Isle of Purbeck, passing quaint Corfe Castle to reach seaside Swanage. Spend time discovering the town’s excellent attractions and picturesque coastline. Some of the highlights of the town include The Wellington Clock which overlooks the sea here.